Tilvalozag 50 is a macrolide antibiotic that has antibacterial activity against Gram-positive, some Gram-negative organisms and mycoplasma. It acts by inhibiting protein synthesis in the bacteria cell. Macrolide antibiotics are the metabolites or semi-synthetic derivatives of metabolites of soil organisms obtained by fermentation.
Tilvalozag 50 interfere with protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S ribosome subunit. They bind to the donor site and prevent the translocation necessary for keeping the peptide chain growing. Tilvalozag 50 is generally considered bacteriostatic and mycoplasmastatic.
Treatment and prevention of respiratory, enteric and other diseases, mainly caused by microorganisms sensitive to tilvalozag
For the treatment and prevention of Mycoplasmosis, Mycoplasmal pneumonia (enzootic), Porcine Proliferative Enteropathy (PPE), swine ileitis, Swine dysentery, Swine colitis
Poultry / Chickens and Turkeys
For the treatment and prevention of Micoplasmosis: Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Mycoplasma synoviae and Mycoplasma meleagridis, Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD), Necrotic enteritis, bacterial enteritis and ORT (Ornithobacterium rhinotracheale).
- Highly useful to Pathogens that are resistant into other Macrolide (Tylosin, Tiamulin & Tilmicosin and other anti-mycoplasma drugs
- Superior gut absorption, effective at low dosage.
- Tissue penetration is fast & high and improve immune mechanism
- Short withdrawal period (two days for Tylvalosin versus one week or longer for other antimicrobial agents
Dosage & Administration
Poultry / Swine
- Prevention: Mix 1kg of tilvalozag per ton of feed (50ppm of tylvalosin tartrate).
- Treatment: Mix 1-2kg of tilvalozag per ton of feed (50-100 ppm of tylvalosin tartrate).
Do not administer together with other macrolide drugs.
Do not administer to birds laying eggs for human consumption.